Initial Meeting and Discussion
- We meet, I listen, and we discuss your needs and desires.
- We have a walkabout to experience your site and begin to assimilate the possibilities together.
- I evaluate and assess site conditions such as soils, light, water, grade, and ecological systems to create a base of information that will guide design decisions.
- Initial schematic design solutions are developed in sketch for discussion.
Design Development / Construction Documents
- A schematic design is agreed upon and developed further to include layout, potential planting palette, hardscape options and materials.
- An initial construction estimate is prepared for consideration.
- Construction documents are prepared for bid.
- Bids are reviewed and a contractor is selected.
- During the construction phase I meet with contractors, oversee earthwork and installation as needed, tag plant materials and stone, shop drawings, and make site visits when concerns or issues arise.
- Following the initial installation I provide oversight of additional planting, maintenance, and training as needed.